On 24.07.2018 12:12, Ch g wrote:
I tried to build a local branch created by merging latest gerrit master with another branch, on both Ubuntu 16.04.4 and Ubuntu 18.04.1, and got the same following error.

    Error: a unit test failed, please do one of:

    make CppunitTest_sd_import_tests CPPUNITTRACE="gdb --args"

         # for interactive debugging on Linux

    make CppunitTest_sd_import_tests VALGRIND=memcheck

         # for memory checking

    You can limit the execution to just one particular test by:

    make CPPUNIT_TEST_NAME="testXYZ" ...above mentioned params...

this tells you that a test failed - but not why - perhaps you will find messages about assertion failures further up in the output? those would be interesting...

That branch was built(make) successfully only *with* option "--build-nocheck" on MacOS 10.13.3, and that built LO app was usable despite having some bugs which I caused when merging the original old branch.

How should I get a full normal build done?

perhaps it's a good idea to first do a build of the upstream master, without your changes? then you'll know if your changes introduced the test failures or not.

to find out why the tests fail, use e.g. the gdb command that is printed, together with CPPUNIT_TEST_NAME to limit it to the failing test(s).