I love cppunit. I have a small suggestion.

Many of the comparison macros do not have an _MESSAGE version such as this:

#define CPPUNIT_ASSERT_GREATER_MESSAGE(message, expected, actual)       \
    ( CPPUNIT_NS::assertGreater( (expected),           \
                                 (actual),             \
                                 CPPUNIT_SOURCELINE(), \
                                 message ) )

The code accepts a message. It is only the corresponding macros that are missing. For now, I’ve
created my own UnitTest.h file that adds the extra macros I need, but it would be great if they
were part of your package.

I haven’t finished testing my macro — I started this email then sat on it. I presume it works, as
it’s a cut & paste of yours, but adding the message argument. But I want to get this email out
rather than let it linger...

It would be doubly-great if the ubuntu version from apt-get install libcppunit were your code
instead of the old one. At least Homebrew’s version on the Mac is yours.

As a separate note, autogen.sh fails on a Mac.

$ ./autogen.sh
error: aclocal not found

For testing, I was able to autogen.sh from ubuntu and then ./configure on Mac. (I have a docker
image of ubuntu running with a shared directory.) Perhaps there’s something I need to install that
I don’t have. It would be great if the docs included build info for Mac.

Thanks so much for a great tool.

-Joe