Fallback is now [1] much simpler than before

OUString ImplImageTree::fallbackStyle(const OUString& rsStyle)
{
    OUString sResult;

    if (rsStyle == "colibre" || rsStyle == "helpimg")
        sResult = "";
    else if (rsStyle == "sifr_dark" )
        sResult = "breeze_dark";
    else if (rsStyle == "sifr" || rsStyle == "breeze_dark")
        sResult = "breeze";
    else
        sResult = "colibre";

    return sResult;
}

Before it was Galaxy to what Industrial fell back, and Galaxy to empty. To my knowledge there is
nothing like an annotation of icon theme extension - and I wouldn't implement it.

[1] https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/52118/3/vcl/source/image/ImplImageTree.cxx