On Wed, 2018-03-21 at 22:44 -0700, Jens Tröger wrote:
Thank you David. That's a start but still assumes a lot of implicit
knowledge
about the surrounding infrastructure. Is there a minimal export
plugin to
start from? I do have quite some experience with the object model
from the
Python/UNO view.

I don't know. There might be something in the UNO examples. I think
there is also a chapter about filters in the old OO.o Developers Guide
(http://www.openoffice.org/api/DevelopersGuide/DevelopersGuide.html).

Also, it appears that LO6+ imports (x)html files to some extend.
Where do I
ask questions

On this list or on IRC.

/file bugs around that?

At http://tdf.io/bugs .

Btw, the HTML import is nothing new. Quite the contrary. It was already
present in OO.o 1.0 (and the code has changed very little since that
time).

 Or, in the context of this thread,
where do I find the source on https://github.com/LibreOffice ?

In sw/source/filter/html in the core repo.

I assume this one is a good way to settle in:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnLinuxux  ?

Yes, it is.

D.