On 07.03.2018 01:10, Luke Benes wrote:
Here is the strace log:

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/slacka/a07fac3b1ab0396df066968e2e216c8d/raw/6e1b1414b9db9da04a306a00dd27e1446f9e1377/strace.txt

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

gpg fails with:

[pid 19515] write(2, "gpg: can't connect to the agent:"..., 51) = 51
[pid 19515] write(2, "\n", 1)           = 1
[pid 19515] write(2, "gpg: ", 5)        = 5
[pid 19515] write(2, "error: GnuPG agent unusable. Ple"..., 77) = 77
[pid 19515] write(2, "gpg: ", 5)        = 5
[pid 19515] write(2, "migration aborted\n", 18) = 18

the first message might give a reason after the colon but strace
truncates to 32 byte by default; try again with "-s 77" or so added to
get un-truncated messages.

the gpg-agent is [pid 19517] in the trace

[pid 19517] exit_group(2)               = ?
[pid 19517] +++ exited with 2 +++

there appears to be no documentation of gpg-status exit codes.

it's not obvious to me what causes it to fail; there are various ENOENT
returned but at some point strace stops printing strings and just prints
pointers for this process, which doesn't help debugging as it's a
mystery what files are being opened; not sure why it would do that.

[and sorry but i hit the wrong button before and forgot to send the
previous mail to the list]