On 03.03.2018 16:17, Aditya Sood wrote:
I'm Aditya Sood. I've been trying to build the project (for Android) on my system, so as to start with the easy hacks, but I've run into this problem during the command /make /:

What do you mean with building for Android? Do you cross-compile for Android on Ubuntu?

(I have followed the previous steps of installing dependencies specific to the project on my Ubuntu system at: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Linux_Build_Dependencies <https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Linux_Build_Dependencies>)

/*/libreoffice/configmgr/source/dconf.cxx:23:10: fatal error: 'dconf/dconf.h' file not found/
/#include <dconf/dconf.h>/
/         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/
/1 error generated./
*/libreoffice/solenv/gbuild/LinkTarget.mk:291: recipe for target '*/libreoffice/workdir/CxxObject/configmgr/source/dconf.o' failed make[1]: *** [*/libreoffice/workdir/CxxObject/configmgr/source/dconf.o] Error 1
Makefile:280: recipe for target 'build' failed
make: *** [build] Error 2

In configmgr/Library_configmgr.mk, configmgr/source/dconf.cxx is only built if ENABLE_DCONF is set. And in configure.ac, ENABLE_DCONF is only set if pkg-config finds a suitable dconf:

if test "$enable_dconf" != no; then
    PKG_CHECK_MODULES([DCONF], [dconf >= 0.15.2], [], [
        if test "$enable_dconf" = yes; then
            AC_MSG_ERROR([dconf not found])
        else
            enable_dconf=no
        fi])
fi
AC_MSG_CHECKING([whether to enable dconf])
if test "$enable_dconf" = no; then
    DCONF_CFLAGS=
    DCONF_LIBS=
    ENABLE_DCONF=
    AC_MSG_RESULT([no])
else
    ENABLE_DCONF=TRUE
    AC_DEFINE(ENABLE_DCONF)
    AC_MSG_RESULT([yes])
fi
AC_SUBST([DCONF_CFLAGS])
AC_SUBST([DCONF_LIBS])
AC_SUBST([ENABLE_DCONF])

What are the values of DCONF_CFLAGS and DCONF_LIBS in your config_host.mk (generated by autogen.sh in the root of your LO build tree)?

(If all else fails, you should be able to just work around this issue by configuring --disable-dconf.)