Hi Fady,

Welcome to LibreOffice! "Download" is a quite unspecific description of what you did before things
went wrong (please don't *download* sources via zip). We have guides on our wiki [1] how to set-up
the environment and a recent blog post [2] that recaps everything. Once you can build, you should
read the GSoC intro [3] and find some easy hacks [4] to prove your coding skills. Ideally those
patches show your expertise in an area where your want to contribute later. For ideas take a look
at this page [5].

Hope you enjoy the time with LibreOffice,
Heiko (UX mentor)

[1a] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnLinux
[1b] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnWindows
[2] https://design.blog.documentfoundation.org/2018/02/22/easyhacking-set-environment/