Hello Jesse,

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 10:23 AM, Jesse McKenna <jesse.e.mckenna@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi all,

My name is Jesse McKenna and I'm a student interested in contributing as
part of GSoC. I'm particularly interested in Calc and Base, but am happy to
help with any project that needs work.

I have my local build set up and will be looking over the list of Easy
Hacks over the next few days, but wanted to reach out and formally
introduce myself. Looking forward to interacting with you!

Welcome to the LibreOffice project. As you already recognized the first
step for GSoC is to get your own build and work on an easy hack.
Additionally you can have a look at the project ideas list at
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GSoC/Ideas It often helps
doing an easy hack in an area close to the project idea that you want to
apply to.

If you have any more problems feel free to ask here on the mailing list or
on the #libreoffice-dev IRC channel.

Regards,
Markus