Hey Patrick,

to check, if a basic object is a document section, you can check, if the object supports the according service.. for example:

if oObj.supportsService("com.sun.star.text.TextSection") then   ' is a text section

a little bit different is this, if you have a cursor-object and want to know, if this is a test section. in this case you have to check, if the object (textSection) is not empty.

regarding some literature:

try Andrew Pitonyak´s "Makro explainen" document - > find it here: http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php

the best free paper :)

In Germany you can use my book: "Makro Grundlagen LibreOffice/OpenOffice" see www.tintal.de