Hi Mike

1. Creating a redirect at TDF side imposes additional load to our server infrastructure;
2. Users will depend on reliability of TDF servers wrt this (in terms of their state, correctness
of the link, and also possible man-in-the-middle problems with modified links pointing to malware)
- note that LO downloads themselves are served from multiple mirrors, but this kind of redirection
can't work using mirrors

I have mean directly from Microsoft not from TDF.

3. Users would need internet connection at time of setup (which might not be there: many download
the installer, to bring it somewhere where there's no Internet connection

I think that is not a big problem, the most have an Internet connection (and many App can't install
without connection), but when not the installer gives a hint (only when needed), and the user
should install the redist.

But any way, this is only a  suggestion, and has also weakness  (e. g. MS changes the link), the
other case we have always up to date the vc_redist.exe.

Best
Juergen