On Fri, Dec 08, 2017 at 10:03:57AM +0100, Miklos Vajna wrote:
[…]

 Second, calling update() _duplicated_ each and every entry in the ToC
 which looks like a bug to me (LO 5.3.6.1)…

5.3 is quite old, almost EOL; to discuss problems on this dev list, the
best is if you first try your problem on master (towards 6.1) first.

Same happens for 5.4.3.2 and 6.0 (dev) as well.  I've got a tiny test
DOCX here which demonstrates the problem, should I file a bug?  Also, it
seems to happen only for top-level entries (i.e. Heading 1) but deeper
nested ones aren't duplicated.

I’m still curious though: iterating over the paragraphs, is there any
other indication than the par’s name that the par is in fact part of the
ToC index object?

If you know what are the properties of the ToC object (does it only
contain Heading 1 paragraphs? Or also Heading 2? etc), then just
querying the outline numbering property ("OutlineLevel" is the UNO
property name) of the paragraph should work. Or check if it has a
RefHeading bookmark (see my previous mail) if that works better for you.

Great, thank you, I will try that!

Cheers,
Jens

--