On Sun, 2017-07-16 at 02:29 +0200, Markus Mohrhard wrote:
On Fri, Jul
14, 2017 at 11:34 AM, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks@collab
ora.com
wrote:

* SSRLabs Interns (Michael)
     + eight new hacking interns around: performance & quality
     + starting on their first easy-hacks.
     + Any ideas on quality ? (Xisco)

         + can write UI test; can take a couple.

So there is also one additional idea around that. I already started
adding
some code that generates a log file with all the user interaction in
the
hope of automatically transforming that data to UI tests (or
automatic
replication of bug reports).

It would be particularly good if this logging was sufficiently
performant that a dedicated tester could have it on routinely.  This
would help in the situation when I am surprised without knowing
exactly what I did.

For example, right now I am unable to reproduce a rendering problem in
Writer that I stumbled over while I was doing real work.  Perhaps it
depends on just what edits I made, how I moved the cursor around, what
I undo'd (Let us hope that never becomes a word. <scowl />), or even
the content of the document.  As it is now, I have just about given
up.

Terry.