Chris Sherlock wrote:
So this seems to be deprecated, and if we need *true* BigInt support
we are better off with something like gmp?

Nah, what Michael is suggesting to check all call sites & perhaps just
move them to sal_Int64 where possible -

Would this potentially be the candidate for an easy hack?

Yeah, why not. Do some sample changes & see, I'd say. And let's leave
the gmp discussion until the easier cases are done...

There seem to be some ancillary functions not included in basegfx,
is it worthwhile adding these to the color tools in basegfx?

Needs looking into the details - I would suspect ~none of that is
really needed outside vcl these days.

Hey :-) yeah, Rectangle is quite remarkable... perhaps though this
might be something for an easy hack?

Rectangle, Point, etc are completely intertwined with the VCL
though, is it worthwhile degunking the VCL module of the use of
these classes?

Hmm, git grep tools::Rectangle | wc -l -> 9224 - so that's _much_ more
than just vcl. Would be great if someone could tackle that, but me
thinks that needs some serious planning / prototyping
before. Especially the invalidate/update/size calculations are all
over the place, and particularly delicate due to this bottom/right
line included/excluded subleties.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten