Hello Libreoffice Devs,

I’m looking for a function to scroll to a certain (cursor?) position in
a Writer Document and could not find it yet.

What I already did:

- Reading the UNO API docs (it is probably in there, but I did not find it)
- Looked at https://github.com/XRoemer/Organon source, which certainly
has such a function, but I was not able to locate it, either.

Dos anybody know how to jump to a position (ideally with an example for it)?

Kind Regards,
 Jan
_________________

PS.: I am new to the list and extensions dev, so my questions may be a
bit noob-ish. I’m UX desiger/researcher and code in Python and
Javascript (and a bit R, but that does not bind to UNO).

PPS: What this is for:
I’d like to write an extension which allows to jump to positions in a
document where a certain character+[some text] appears – like a #hashtag.
The extensions purpose would be easing the tagging (also called
"coding") of text snippets by providing an overview where such tags (in
for of a "hashtag" are set. In the document, it would look like:

  Participant 1: "I love working with libreoffice and zotero" #love
#extension #bibliography

The extension would list the quote and the tag (in the sidebar,
probably) and would allow to jump to its position on click (like in a
list of search results).