On 12/21/2016 9:08 AM, "Christoph Schäfer" wrote:

I'd be grateful if you could add an option to your bugtracker to hide bug reports and/or sample
files from public view, i.e., add a "Private" option, so that only developers and admins can see
them.

The reason for my request is that I have many sample files for the DLP project, created by third
parties, that show enormous deficiencies in these import libraries. I've sent some of them to the
developers, but I've been told that, as far DLP is concerned, bugs and issues don't exist unless
they show up in the bugtracker. The advantage of those files is that they have been created by real
graphics professionals for real customers and are far more valuable than simple unit tests.
Unfortunately I cannot file bug reports regarding the test files, because there is no "Private"
option for files that require confidentiality.

The Scribus project is using Mantis as a BT, and we have been successful in receiving many
real-world test files that helped us fixing bugs with the "Private" option.

Maybe you could enable this option in the LibreOffice bugtracker, too, because it would definitely
help to improve the DLP libraries.

Who will be those who will be allowed to see those "Private" bugs? Will there be some criteria to
be met? Some NDAs? Isn't that possible to just rework the documents to strip sensitive/copyrighted
info?

--
Best regards,
Mike Kaganski