Hi Bjoern,

On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 10:58:56AM +0100, Bjoern Michaelsen <bjoern.michaelsen@canonical.com> wrote:
I switched gbuild-to-ide to use gbuildtojson. With that you should now be able
to do from a fresh install:

- ./autogen.sh
- make {kdevelop,vim,vs2013,whatever}-ide-integration

and have the project files generated. So with this:

 - you do NOT need a finished build before creating projects anymore
 - its ~seven times faster than the old stuff on my machine
 - it should be more stable and not regress by GNU make updates and the like

I tested the kdevelop integretion, which works fine. If you use any of the
other IDEs, please test these here and scream loadly if this breaks things in
the next 48 hours. If I hear nothing, I would merge this.

Eh, I'm afraid I missed that deadline. ;-)

So after this went in, writerfilter/ entries in compile_commands.json
(generated by vim-ide-integration) are now missing, which is a pain
point for me, as I do touch that module regularly.

Do you remember what was the reason to blacklist that module? Can that
be fixed in some way? The "you do NOT need a finished build before
creating projects anymore" part isn't really a selling point to me, as I
always do "make check && make vim-ide-integration" after pulling.

Thanks,

Miklos