This Mail Merge code

const bool bMT_EMAIL = rMergeDescriptor.nMergeType == DBMGR_MERGE_EMAIL; const bool bMT_SHELL = rMergeDescriptor.nMergeType == DBMGR_MERGE_SHELL; const bool bMT_PRINTER = rMergeDescriptor.nMergeType == DBMGR_MERGE_PRINTER; const bool bMT_FILE = rMergeDescriptor.nMergeType == DBMGR_MERGE_FILE;

appears in sw/source/uibase/dbui/dbmgr.cxx

I'm mostly familiar with the EMAIL, PRINTER and FILE and when and how to test/use them.

What I'm not familiar is SHELL. What is it in respect of Mail Merge and under what circumstances would I use if and how?

Regards

Alex