On 09/20/2016 08:30 AM, Samuel Mehrbrodt wrote:
Am 19.09.2016 um 17:29 schrieb Stephan Bergmann:
On 09/19/2016 05:17 PM, Samuel Mehrbrodt wrote:
It turned out we need to implement both. The first option was fine when
only closing the window - but we also want to be able to close the
visible frames with "File->Exit" while keeping the process running.
Do we?  I think there is probably a difference in what we can imply as
user-expected behavior between closing the last window (via "Window -
Close Window" or whatever desktop-environment--specific trigger) and
terminating LO (via "File - Exit LibreOffice").

Well, with my patches, there will be a difference. Closing the window
will leave the process running, and chosing File->Exit will kill the
process.

What I did change in my second patch is the behavior of File->Exit when
using the TerminationVetoException.
Before it prevented closing the windows *and* terminating the process -
after my patch it only prevents termination.

But throwing a TerminationVetoException isn't something that the user will be aware of. Today, when doing "File - Exit LibreOffice", the user is made aware that terminating LO does not work (because of external connections and TerminationVetoExceptions) by the fact that its windows will not close (whether or not that is a good way of communicating this to the user). In the future, the user would no longer be made aware (while I think they should be, in whatever form).