Hi Katarina,

Katarina Behrens schrieb:
Hello world,

I've implemented a Calc extension that includes some dialogs and I'd like to
have those translated to multiple languages. The dialogs are implemented in
this funny .xdl Basic format, the handlers in Java.

However, as you might've already expected ;) l10n didn't quite work out so
far. No matter what I do, I can't get localized strings displayed. Instead of
English or German strings, I see only the references e.g.
"&3.Dialog1.CommandButton1.Label"

It has certainly something to do with the fact that I've created l10n files
manually, since GUI for that is currently completely defunct due to [1] so if
anyone can spot an obvious mistake, something missing etc. in my data below
and/or give me some useful advice, I'd be grateful

Make sure, that the files *.properties are included in the finished extension. If not, copy&paste them manually.

My folder structure:

dialogs/
   +- Dialog1.xdl
   +- Dialog2.xdl
   +- DialogStrings_de_DE.properties
   +- DialogStrings_en_US.default
   +- DialogStrings_en_US.properties
   +- dialog.xlb

What is "dialogs"? The module name?

Dialog1.xdl:

<dlg:button dlg:id="CommandButton1" dlg:tab-index="0" dlg:left="98"
dlg:top="261" dlg:width="32" dlg:height="10"
dlg:value="&amp;3.Dialog1.CommandButton1.Label">

DialogStrings_en_US.properties:

3.Dialog1.CommandButton1.Label=Close

DialogStrings_de_DE.properties:

3. Dialog1.CommandButton1.Label=Schließen

Without blank after 3.
You have to escape special characters
ß   \u00df

dialog.xlb:

<library:library xmlns:library="http://openoffice.org/2000/library";
library:name="dialogs" library:readonly="false"
library:passwordprotected="false">
  <library:element library:name="Dialog1"/>
  <library:element library:name="Dialog2"/>
</library:library>

Are you sure about the value of library:name? If I use the Basic Macro Organizer, it is the name shown in the list "Library" in tab "Libraries".

Do you have used an own module? You cannot do it in Module "Standard".

I would do a mini test in AOO or a very old LO to be sure about the needed structure, and then add the missing parts manually.

Kind regards
Regina