Hi Larry,

On Friday, 2016-08-05 06:31:37 -0500, Larry Evans wrote:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/gerrit/setup#Detailed_and_nitty-gritty_setup_topics

However, step 6:

 6. Setup your git repo so that it pushes to gerrit using the SSH key:

    git config remote.origin.pushurl ssh://logerrit/core

failed because I didn't alread have a .git directory.

Then your git clone previously failed.

I tried to edit the wiki page to suggest adding another step,
such as:

  git clone ssh://logerrit/core

That doesn't belong there because
a) the entire gerrit setup presupposes that you *already* cloned the git repo
b) cloning via the ssh-url puts unnecessary load on the server, only the
   pushurl needs to be ssh
b.2) the better command would be
     git clone git://gerrit.libreoffice.org/core

but it wouldn't let me (it said I had to supply an email,
which I already had done).

Where you should have received a confirmation mail you need to act on.

I did try the above `git clone` but it took sooo long,
I aborted it.

The LibreOffice repository is huge, you'll have to be patient.

You will need a completely cloned repository to proceed with any gerrit
setup and development.

  Eike

GPG key "ID" 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
Better use 64-bit 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A here is why: https://evil32.com/
Care about Free Software, support the FSFE https://fsfe.org/support/?erack