On Mon, 2016-05-09 at 08:42 -0500, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 1:43 AM, David Ostrovsky <d.ostrovsky@gmx.de>
wrote:

On Sat May 7 18:11:11 UTC 2016 Norbert Thiebaud wrote:

On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 6:31 PM, Mike Kaganski <mikekaganski at
hotmail.com> wrote:
Hello!

Currently I have a gerrit account with two identities:
[...]

I not sure if you really try to link (iow log
on with an existing identity -> setting -> add ana identity) and
there
is a bug in OAuth + openid that recognized your old gerrit openid
and
link Oauth to that.

There is no way for him to link Google OpenID account, that he
cannot
use to log in, to Google OAuth2, obviously. That why the linking is
working out of the box, so it's enough to just log in. It's funny
you
are talking about "a bug in OAuth + openid"

you are quote mining and dropped from the above the all important:

"or you did not and it worked as designed and
attached your google OAuth to your old expired goggle openid"

I offered 2 alternative:

Either he was logged on an existing account (not the one that had the
old google openid, but some other that was created using a different
identity)
and he tried to 'add a new identity'

Or he simply just tryied to log-in using google OAuth straight up

in the later case I expect indeed things to work the way you describe
(which is way I said: "or you did not and it worked as designed and
attached your google OAuth to your old expired goggle openid"

in the former case I do not expect that the new Oauth identity to be
attached to another account than the one he was logged in while
trying
to 'add a new identity'

Indeed, that's how it's supposed to work. Looks like I misread your
comment; thanks for clarifying.

Note, though, that mapping support for the OpenID 2.0 identifier
(legacy OpenID 2.0 Google identities) and automagically linking during
log-in using Google OAuth straight up is only supported until January
1, 2017, as mentioned in the migration spec[1]:

"
Note: Support for the OpenID 2.0 identifier mapping described above
will remain in effect until January 1, 2017.
"

[1] https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/OpenID2Migration#u
pdate-to-plus