On Thu, 2016-03-31 at 15:20 +0200, Noel Grandin wrote:
Sounds reasonable, sure I'd be happy to help.

        Neato - are you signed up as a GSOC mentor ? would be great to do that
and click the "will mentor" button vs. that proposal.

I took a brief look through this stuff a couple of weeks back, and
our XML parsing code is fairly hairy to update.

        Heh =)

Large chunks of our code for parsing config type stuff seem to be passing
their work through some kind of XSLT layer, which confuses me.

        Really ? IIRC configmgr/ uses a different XML pull parser to parse its
files.

Various things in xmloff/ implement both XFastParser and XParser helper
code, and it's not obvious what subclasses need to implement to tie into
the helper routines, etc, etc.

        I think that's only on the branch to any significant extent, although
there was this:

commit c0a5d390e519603dbc19a38c610d0a114b80cfa1
Author: Daniel Sikeler <d.sikeler94@gmail.com>
Date:   Fri Oct 24 07:22:31 2014 +0000

    fdo#80403: Import baseclasses implement FastParser interfaces

        But I suspect that that is not used.

I think Azorpid will have his work cut out :-)

        Hopefully doing a nice, standalone mapping between the old and new
style interfaces is something that can be implemented and heavily unit
tested nicely =)

        ATB,

                Michael.

--