Hi Regina

Em 21/02/2016 10:57, Regina Henschel escreveu:
Hi Olivier,

Olivier Hallot schrieb:
Hi Regina

Em 20/02/2016 10:14, Regina Henschel escreveu:
Hi Olivier,

Olivier Hallot schrieb:
(snip)

Do you look for an "elegant solution" or do you look for a solution
at all?

As short as the one exisitng, but that will not happen, I think.

I would start with a safe solution, for example using xsl:choose.

Indeed. I made it work with <xsl:if> but thanks to Noel Grandin and you,
<xsl:choose> is the way to go.

Browser Seamonkey 2.39 has no problem with attribute
'disable-output-escaping'.

In firefox this attribute is inocuous, and googling around, it is said
it will not be implemented.

What is your global goal?
- Learn xslt

Me too, so please do not expect ready solutions from me. But I would
like to learn what you try and what works or not works.

The handbook tells: Have xml + xsl + css and you get a page in browser.
So I used main_tranform.xsl + default.css to display a main.xhp file in
a browser.

Well sort of. In the first attempt, I hit the firefox bug. Thrilling.

- display xhp pages in browser for quick view.

I doubt, that you can get an identical appearance by pure XSL
transformation. The internal help viewer understands the protocols
vnd.sun.star.help:// and vnd.libreoffice.image:// which are needed to
resolve embedding and images. You will need to create a replacement.

I guess that the module xmlhelp/ is actually a xslt processor created to
render xhp into writer-web for the help pages, plus the handling of the
indexes and bookmarks. To use modern technology instead, we will have to
untangle all this ancient code.

For you it will surely be quicker to compile helpcontent2. But for
those, who cannot build LibreOffice such a tool would be great.

The good news is: it actually works. You can display a page in the
broswer, modulo more work to debug the transformation and address the
embeds and the issues you raised on the paths.

Happy hacking ahead.

Regards
--
Olivier Hallot