Hi

I'm looking at the different ways we test for the Microsoft Windows platform using #if and #ifdef.

There appear to be several different ways of doing this in our codebase.

Here is a list of what we have, along with the number of times it occurs.

7         WIN
68       WIN32
109      _WIN32
2          _WIN32_WCE
15        _WIN32_WINNT_WINBLUE
16        _WIN32_WINNT
27        _WIN64
5          _WINDOWS
1          _WINDOWS_
2          WNT
2          XP_WIN

Of these, I think we need to keep:

        _WIN32_WINNT to test for specific versions of Windows
        _WIN32 for generic Windows-32-and-64-bit specific code
        _WIN64 for generic Windows-64-bit specific code

Regards
    Noel Grandin