Sorry all, I made an incredibly silly mistake - the last assertion is testing to false, not true!
Sorry about that.

Total non-issue - apologies for the list-spam.

Chris

On 16 Jan 2016, at 3:20 PM, Chris Sherlock <chris.sherlock79@gmail.com> wrote:

I’m sure I’m not doing something correctly, but when isEmpty() seems to be doing something odd on
new OUString objects.

The following is a code snippet that highlights the issue:

OUString aString;
if (aString.isEmpty())
  cout << “Detected as empty”;
else
  cout << “Not detected as empty”;

That gives me “Not detected as empty”.

So I wrote a unit test, and it’s failing.

You can see the unit test here:

https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/21506/

Same basic thing - the test fails!

Any ideas what is going on here? My understanding was that if you create a new OUString then it
should initialize itself to an empty string. That doesn’t seem to be occuring...

Chris