Hi Michael,

Thanks a lot for your hint!

But I still got some problems. With your suggestion, I used these two jars which looks like the new
version.

-odfdom-java-0.8.10-incubation-SNAPSHOT-jar-with-dependencies.jar

-simple-odf-0.8.1-incubation-SNAPSHOT-jar-with-dependencies.jar

ENV: Libreoffice 4.1.4.2 & Libreoffice 3.x / java 1.7

1.       Open a .ods file manually, save it with password.

2.       In code, execute “SpreadsheetDocument.loadDocument(File file, String password)”, it always
throw NullPointer Exception.

->After checking the source code, the code in ZipHelper.line87:
System.getProperty(“Java.version”).equals(…) in try/catch will throw NullPointer.

->Obviously the parameter here should use “java.version” instead, but the code in line83:
inputStream.getNextEntry() always throw java.util.zip.ZipException: only DEFLATED entries can have
EXT descriptor, which is the key reason.

Then I tried API to load a unencrypted .ods file and save it with password with code
org.odftoolkit.simple.Document.save(File file, String pasword). In this case, I can load the
encrypted file with code.

Based on this situation, I don’t know if you tried with this API before. And do you have some more
information?

Thanks again!

Best Regards

William