On 06.01.2016 16:16, SOS wrote:
Different objects (Images , Shapes...) can been moved (Arranged) back en
forward in a Writer Doc.

Bring to Front
Bring forward
Send Backward
Send to back

Our editors are some times confronted with a situation where Writer
(after saving and reopening) lost the saved position (layer) of some
objects.
When using multiple times "Bring Forward" or "Bring Backward" Writer
seems to lose control over the layers, on screen it looks  correct but
after saving and reopening some objects are moved to a wrong layer.
As a workaround and to repair ,we advised only to use "Bring to Front"
and "Send to Back" who  limits the number of used layers.
So:
Is there  a limit on the used layers who can been saved?
If there is a limit, then a warning is needed to avoid the loss of layers.
Is it a  bug who must been reported ? but who is very hard to
reconstruct because we never could lay the finger on the real problem,
to many objects or to many layers ?

there is a very small number of layers, to a first approximation there
are "Hell" (below text), "Heaven" (above text) and "Form Control" layers.

however all floating objects are totally ordered with a z-order number
(with a limit of at least 2^31, stored as draw:z-index in ODF) and it's
quite possible that there are some obscure bugs where the z-order
numbers aren't updated properly; clearly if the ordering is different
across save/re-load then that is a bug, please find out how to reproduce
that and file it in bugzilla.