Hi all,

I need some help, how HelpIds are generated. I have set the environment variable HELP_DEBUG, so I see the hid which belongs to the extended tip. Unfortunately extended tips are not always shown.

Example A:
In the start center the hid for the icon "Templates" is
sfx/ui/startcenter/templates_all
and it shows the extended tip defined for that hid in file /text/shared/guide/startcenter.xhp
And in the file /core/sfx2/uiconfig/ui/startcenter.ui I find
<object class="GtkButton" id="templates_all:filtermenu">
But how does that fit together?

Example B:
When you open the drop-down-list from that button, the last item is 'Edit Templates'. But it has no extended tip. Why not? Is that the same bug as #76644? From what this item does I guess it should be ".uno:TemplateManager" or ".uno:NewDoc". When the item has the focus and I press F1, I get an empty help.
What is the hid of this item (and the others)?

Example C:
Start the Template Manager for example by click on item 'Edit Templates'. In the Template Manager window I see a lot of "hid" in the extended tip, e.g. 'sfx/ui/templatedlg/template_view'. That seems to belong to '<object class="sfxlo-TemplateLocalView" id="template_view">' from /core/sfx2/uiconfig/ui/templatedlg.ui.

But I also see simple 'save', 'new_folder', 'import' ... without a 'sfx/ui/templatedlg/' or similar prefix. Are they usable as hid in this short kind? If not, what is the complete hid? On F1 I get the auxiliary page /text/swriter/main0000.xhp. Is there a way to show which hid was actually searched for?

Kind regards
Regina