On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 8:38 PM, Chris Sherlock <chris.sherlock79@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi all,

Quick tip I’d like to share - every now and then I accidentally add a
space on the end of lines of code.

You can highlight this occurring in vim by adding the following to your
.vimrc file:

highlight ExtraWhitespace ctermbg=red guibg=red
match ExtraWhitespace /\s\+$/

Probably most vi/vim users know this, but to remove newlines, you can use
the following:

You could also run that :substitute on :w and never have to worry about
trailing whitespace ever again :)

autocmd BufWritePre * :%s/\s\+$//e

Change the asterisk to any pattern matching filenames to apply this to
certain filetypes only. (Also note the use of \s to match any whitespace
character.)

More here: http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Remove_unwanted_spaces

Happy Vimming!