On Fri, Dec 25, 2015 at 5:31 PM, Chris Sherlock <chris.sherlock79@gmail.com>
wrote:

Anyone have any ideas why the compiler might be barfing? I run make again
and it finishes successfully!

I don't have an answer, but I'll leave my thoughts in case they are useful.

I've seen gcc fail with random internal errors when I built within VMs. Not
sure what the reason is, but when I restart the VM things are back to
normal. This happens every so often.

One common explanation would be bad RAM, but I know that's not the case
with me (my dimms are well tested and the system is otherwise extremely
stable).

If this isn't a persistent issue, I'd say restart the VM and try again,
otherwise ignore it. (You can change the VM RAM size as well, make sure
it's not too small nor too large for the host to thrash.)

Another point to keep in mind is that 4.9 hasn't been gcc's best release.
I'd skip it altogether and upgrade. 5.2 works fine (those random occasional
errors notwithstanding).