On 12.12.2015 00:44, julien2412 wrote:
Hello,

I'm giving a try to tdf#44854 "Upgrade bundled HSQLDB to 2.x".
Would it be possible to upload the repackaged file from
http://localhost/serval2412/hsqldb_2_3_3.zip to
http://dev-www.libreoffice.org/src ? (md5 =
40cc60070acaa2d49193b3abd15e560e, no need to prefix the file with it)

For the moment, I just succeeded in:
- adding a flag ENABLE_HSQLDB2 (since experimental) +  building the package
- Creating a brand new file with a table

what benefits does HSQLDB2 have?

i thought we use an old version of HSQLDB because its file format
changed and so if we upgrade then we create compatibility issues with
HSQLDB files embedded in ODB documents; is there more backward
compatibility nowadays?