Hi

Em 25/10/2015 08:50, Riccardo Magliocchetti escreveu:
Hello,

during the next libreitalia conference we are going to host a 4 hours
development session. The plan is to help more people getting started
hacking on libo.

Given such a short time frame how is this time better spent from your
own experience? What do you think is more important to tackle? helping
people getting setting up their machines, explaining libo tools /
development, going straight to easy hacks or something else?

thanks in advance

Our experience in Brazil told us that there is a lot of time spent in
the first pull, dependecies download & setup and make (with make fetch).
With 4 hours and several people doing the same thing will likely clogg
the network and waste time.

You can possibly download the source tarball to spare time in a pen
drive (just do a pull to update), but the other dependencies will be
affected by each ones computer. The first "make all" will also take a
lot of time.

Ideally people should come with a sucessfull first compilation: then the
fun begins. To do that, a preparation beforehand with the attendees is
necessary.

Whish you all a fun hacking anyway.

--
Olivier Hallot