Matteo Campanelli wrote:
this is to describe some changes (in code and behavior) that should occur
merging branch  "feature/chained-text-boxes" to master.

Hi Matteo,

thanks a lot for the heads-up -

What may/will be affected
-----------------------------------
NOTE: The vast majority of the code above should only affect  LO behavior
for docs that have the tag in (4) set to something sensible.

Yep - so I'd like to switch that live on master, but possibly disable
it / make it experimental-only if we hit issues getting closer to 5.1.

commit 54b576c3b3bf3d67c5ffd4ae391f6c03e3647dc1
Author: matteocam <matteo.campanelli@gmail.com>
Date:   Mon Sep 7 20:01:35 2015 +0200

    Handle chaining for cutting and pasting

That at least works for me. ;)

commit 731000696b282f457a7e003297d4f158849825d4
Author: matteocam <matteo.campanelli@gmail.com>
Date:   Mon Sep 7 19:58:16 2015 +0200

    Handle DEL key for chaining

Same there - almost impossible to unwind why those things were not
uniformly done ...

commit 1a86da45320faf5f644c1a82c07bd9b522a2a351
Author: matteocam <matteo.campanelli@gmail.com>
Date:   Mon Sep 7 16:37:56 2015 +0200

    Enable chaining after a key is pressed

That looks innocent if no chaining happens.

commit 3748019d58154b2851999c3ea9f2ab223c8e3bc3
Author: matteocam <matteo.campanelli@gmail.com>
Date:   Mon Sep 7 12:44:37 2015 +0200

    Change EndTextEdit behavior to support recursive overflow

Can't see any harm in that one either.

Unless there are objections in the ESC tomorrow, let's merge this (I
have one or two smallish cleanups still on my list), and then notify
QA with a similar heads-up, outlining the areas this affects (all
EditEngine clients - most prominently Calc, but also text in draw
shapes inside Writer). Let's hope there's no need for a whiteboard
keyword. ;)

Cheers,

-- Thorsten