So, the problem was that an original initial commit (with no actual
changes) was being inherited from master. Now when I try to push my changes,

git push origin HEAD:master
Counting objects: 56, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (12/12), done.
Writing objects: 100% (13/13), 1.44 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 13 (delta 9), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Resolving deltas: 100% (9/9)
remote: Branch refs/heads/master:
remote: You are not allowed to perform this operation.
remote: To push into this reference you need 'Push' rights.
remote: User: phenom
remote: Please read the documentation and contact an administrator
remote: if you feel the configuration is incorrect
remote: Processing changes: refs: 1, done
To ssh://logerrit/core
 ! [remote rejected] HEAD -> master (prohibited by Gerrit)

How should I fix this?

-Shreyansh