Hey,

On Sun, Aug 2, 2015 at 9:01 PM, Norbert Thiebaud <nthiebaud@gmail.com>
wrote:

On Sun, Aug 2, 2015 at 11:25 AM, Markus Mohrhard
<markus.mohrhard@googlemail.com> wrote:

AI:     + will have a look at the CppUnit to implement 'expected
failure'
(Jan-Marek)
            + Cpp logs are e.g. in
workdir/CppunitTest/sal_rtl_math.test.log

That is already possible with cppunit. Instead of using CPPUNIT_TEST use
CPPUNIT_TEST_FAIL which tells cppunit that the test is expected to fail
with
a cppunit exception being thrown (it is extensively used in the cppunit
internal unit tests). The test will start to fail when none of the
asserts
fail anymore. Keep in mind that it might be dangerous to use this with
more
than one assertion as an unexpected one might fail.

That is not exactly what tha aim is...
the aim is to have a failure be repport as such and not stop
everything.. when a test is tagged as _can fail_ or something
this is when a test is added before the fix

So you want to have this as non-fatal tests. Ok, that is currently missing
from cppunit but at least with the CPPUNIT_TEST_FAIL you can add tests
before the bugfix and just change it from CPPUNIT_TEST_FAIL to CPPUNIT_TEST
when the fix has been implemented. So it is a compromise as it is already
there and we can have a look how difficult it would be to properly
implement non-fatal tests in cppunit.

also the minutes claim that cppunit log exist.. it is true they do,
but they are not exploitable.
I would like to be able to repport at the end of the build a nice recap

<module> <section> <nb_of_test> <#sucess> <#skipped> <#failed>
<for each failed

the minute point to
workdir/CppunitTest/sal_rtl_math.test.log
which contains:
OK (3)

but  writerperfect_writer.test.log fro instance
contain 12027 lines.. most of it random trace messages, and I could
not find any way to parse (at all, even less reliably) that thing to
extract any useful information.

maybe it is just a matter of using

http://cppunit.sourceforge.net/doc/1.8.0/class_cpp_unit_1_1_xml_outputter.html
and then adding a (optional) post processing step in the build to
generate a nice summary....

It is even easier. You can add another TestListener in
sal/cppunittester/cppunittester.cxx that logs all failures, and executed
tests. Of course as there is no support for non-fatal tests right now you
can't log them. It would at least give you an information how many tests
are executed. I think there is no post-processing necessary as you get all
the information the the xml outputter has already in the listener and
process is directly there.

Regards,
Markus

Norbert