Hi all,

trying to have the switch --with-webdav=serf working, by building serf in place of neon.

Currently it doesn't work.

What I'd like to do at the same time is to upgrade the external library used to the latest stable version:

apr [1] to 1.5.2

apr-util [1] to 1.5.4

serf [2] to 1.3.8

Modifying download.lst is not enough, since they are downloaded from dev-www.libreoffice.org.

I need someone add them to the dev-www repository; without removing the old one, of course :-).

The reason for the upgrade before anything else stems from the fact that serf version 1.2.1 doesn't support Windows authentication, normally needed when you login to SharePoint or to another WebDAV server requiring it.

Serf version 1.3.8 does have Windows authentication, but in this installment suffers a problem of memory deallocation when closing the application, that should be investigated, so it's better if apr is upgraded since the memory allocation is carried out by apr.

--
Kind Regards,
Giuseppe Castagno aka beppec56
giuseppe.castagno at acca-esse.eu