On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 4:02 PM, Eike Rathke <erack@redhat.com> wrote:

Hi Dashamir,

On Friday, 2015-07-24 14:48:16 +0200, Dashamir Hoxha wrote:

https://github.com/FreeSoft-AL/libreoffice-compile/blob/master/compile/git-clean.sh

That's IMHO not only unnecessary but also incomplete. When doing git
checkout in core only you'll miss the corresponding submodule checkouts,

Please help me to fix these scripts and to make them work properly.

i.e. dictionaries, translations and helpcontent2. You may not need them
if you didn't configure so, but just make using ./g a habit when
switching branches or for pulls. ./g takes care of submodules, it
applies the git command you specify also to the submodules. Note also
that you should not use git pull but git pull -r (for rebase) instead to
not introduce merge commits.

(because I didn't know about `g`)

I think that's mentioned several times in the build instructions in the
wiki, but maybe not everywhere where needed.. note it is ./g and not

It is not mentioned here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BuildingLibreOffice
But you are right because it is mentioned here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnLinux#Checking_out_a_release_branch
However, since I missed it, this is an indicator that documentation lacks
something
(because I am not a novice user).

only g, because it is a script in the source root directory.

However, to switch branches to build (e.g. the 5-0 branch) it usually is
sufficient to

./g checkout libreoffice-5-0
make clean
make

I rename the code directory to match the name of the branch.
In this case the commands above are not sufficient either (`make clean`
will fail).
The command `git clean -fdx` will fix this, as used here:
https://github.com/FreeSoft-AL/libreoffice-compile/blob/master/compile/get-branch.sh

By the way, I have tried twice more to compile the branch libreoffice-5-0,
and both of the times it failed with the message:
----------

g++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report,
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.8/README.Bugs> for instructions.
make[6]: *** [IWORKFormula.lo] Error 1
make[5]: *** [all] Error 2
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [/compile/libreoffice-5-0/workdir/ExternalProject/libetonyek/build]
Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

----------
See the log files here:
 - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7H_DCc2DjNGTzlrZlZLV25XYm8
 - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7H_DCc2DjNGa3psd19CREQwUmc
However I have to admit that I didn't use `./g`, just to make sure that it
is necessary.

Now I am compiling it again, but this time for the branch
libreoffice-5-0-0, which
I suppose is more stable than libreoffice-5-0. And I also used `./g`.
The compilation is still going on (and it will last for about 10 hours or
so).

Dashamir