I'm intermittently experiencing the attached deadlock in some Python code.

As far as I can tell, the deadlock appears to be between a call to an XTopWindowListener in thread 1 (the listener, also in Python code, doesn't yet do anything more than print "I am here" on a callback) and the main thread which is attempting to enumerate the paragraphs of a text document in thread 2.

Could anyone with more experience in UNO and locking matters help me to understand what's going on here? If what I'm trying to do is essentially not going to work, there is the alternative of busy-waiting for windows to appear, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Regards
Matthew Francis