I worked on the finishing firebird 2.5.4 cygwin.msvc patch and i did also
the up streaming (as much as i could from it)
I had an issue with patch created on linux didn't apply very well on osx
(hunk issue)

I have prepared the gerrit for firebird 2.5.4 upgrade here
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/16103/

I solved the following rejects yesterday , i did my builds on all
windows/osx/linux machines

2 out of 10 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file configure.in.rej
1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/jrd/gds.cpp.rej
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
src/jrd/os/win32/mod_loader.cpp.rej

It was easier if patches where done for each file separated or as pull
requests on github for easy cherry picking :)
Firebirdsql accepts now pull requests on github

Also i up-streamed some of the patches
https://github.com/FirebirdSQL/core/commit/f2d82717e08356ec87fbfd5f04519c3cd7f5e326
https://github.com/FirebirdSQL/core/commit/5f95721af98b30cb6abc33f368748bd25958beb0
https://github.com/FirebirdSQL/core/commit/98f8bc43e98348929b4fa9906c8cef29542e9b8e

ps: i started importing the libo in kdevelop for easy debugging and it will
take a while
also started reviewing firebird endian issue and previous gerrit