Hi, my name is Ken and I am new to this development list, please
bear with me.  I am trying out the new LibreOffice 5.0 64 bit version
on Windows.  Instead of using the Oracle JDK I prefer the ZuluJDK
found here: http://www.azulsystems.com/products/zulu/downloads

Very nearly every other program I have tried works well with
the ZuluJDK, but LibreOffice 5.0 does not detect ZuluJDK as
a valid Java JRE or as containing one.  It is set up as my
JAVA_HOME and the bin directory is in my path.

When I run LibreOffice, ZuluJDK does not automatically appear
under the Tools->Options->Advanced item.  Even when trying
to use the add button to manually set the JRE it fails with the
error:

"The folder you selected does not contain a Java runtime environment.
Please select a different folder."

I suspect it has something to do with one or both of the vendor
lists in LibreOffice.  I was looking through the source and it
appears that in one place javavendors.xml or perhaps this path
core/jvmfwk/distributions/OpenOfficeorg/javavendors_wnt.xml
is crucial to this.  Then in other places that mention plugins
core/jvmfwk/plugins/sunmajor/pluginlib/vendorlist.cxx seems
to be used for vendor name checking.  I am a developer with
some C and C++ knowledge, so I do understand that their
are a number of other files involved such as framework.cxx
and sunjavaplugin.cxx, but I admit to not following all of it.

When querying the ZuluJDK JVM using a simple program
System.getProperty("java.version") and java.jvm.version both
return a value of "Azul Systems, Inc."  I am guessing this is
why LibreOffice cannot detect the ZuluJDK.  I only see IBM,
Oracle and Sun in the list for valid Windows JRE vendors.

I hope this is the correct place to post this.  I was thinking
I should file this as bug report as well, but I was not sure
since LibreOffice 5.0 is in development and ZuluJDK may
not be officially supported by LibreOffice.

I hope some of the information I have provided can lead to
a solution for users of ZuluJDK.  I know that LibreOffice is
not as dependent on a JRE as it used to be, but some
functions still need it.  Thank you for you time.