On Wed, 2015-05-20 at 10:31 +0000, Yury wrote:
Thank you for answering! Now,

Caolán McNamara <caolanm <at> redhat.com> writes:

Sometimes no one "just knows" off the top of their head where the
various bits and pieces so someone has to invest time to have enough
information to assist. It can help to pare down text to the absolute
bare minimum to describe the problem.

All right. But surely there is someone sort of in charge of the code in
question? Or is there?

For the .doc filters basically Miklos and I probably have the most
experience with it. There are reasonably good docs for that file format
these days. But in general you have to be prepared to slog through the
code a bit and are hopefully protected from making disastrous change by
our ever expanding suite of regression tests which often act as
after-the-fact documentation as to what some mysterious piece of code
does :-)

If I want to know the call sequences around, I absolutely must use gdb?
There is no secret documentation around or anything?

Typically there aren't any extra docs outside of what comments are
in-source or occasionally in module top-level README files and some
overviews
(https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Code_Overview)

C.