Over time, we have removed a handful of URI schemes from the INetProtocol enum in tools/urlobj.hxx. A consequence of each removal is that e.g. automatic detection of URIs of that scheme in running text no longer works. (As the detection mechanism requires (a) the URI's scheme to be among the INetProtocol enum values, except for the catch-all INetProtocol::Generic, and (b) the URI to match INetURLObject's idea of the syntactic structure for the given scheme.)

The schemes we have removed are the four OOo/LO-private ones

  out
  pop3
  vim
  vnd.sun.star.odma

and the two IANA-registered ones

  imap
  news

So it could be argued that removing the latter two constitutes a regression, in that imap and news URLs are no longer auto-detected in running text. But then again, lots of the other IANA-registered URI schemes are not, either, so I wouldn't really bother.