On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 5:43 PM, Michael Stahl <mstahl@redhat.com> wrote:
On 16.04.2015 10:09, Andras Timar wrote:
Hi,

In the past few days I made some experiments with LibreOffice 4.4.
configure suggests that SDK version 7.1A should be used for targetting
Windows XP. configure also says that SDK version 7.1A is not known to
work with VS2013, and it is true. I could not build LibreOffice 4.4
with VS2013 and SDK 7.1A, there were many compilation errors.

that must be specific to the 4.4 branch?

Yes, I found the problem and fixed it on my build machine.

hmm... relying on some undocumented macro with unspecified effect that
could change in next VS service pack sounds a bit dubious...

probably there are other things in the headers that the macro won't affect?

I added -D_ATL_XP_TARGETING flag to
solenv/gbuild/platform/com_MSC_defs.mk

So after all I don't need _ATL_XP_TARGETING. And AFAIK it had no
effect to LibreOffice, because LibreOffice does not call
InitializeCriticalSectionEx.

I have not tried this with master. What is the difference between
master and 4.4 in this regard?

master is very clear about it - with 8.x SDK, sal library will use
Vista-or-later functions instead of older ones that were deprecated in
the 8.1 SDK, so soffice will not start.

Thanks for clarification. My problem is solved. I'll use VS2013 with SDK 7.1A.

Regards,
Andras