Niklas Johansson wrote:

If I were you I would set the Anchor before I insert the image into the
document. So change the order of these lines:

     xText.insertTextContent(cursor, oGraphic, False)
     # Setting the anchor type - must be done first, otherwise the graphic will be put after the
//
     oGraphic.AnchorType = AS_CHARACTER

YES!! That solves it. Thans a lot.

Once the image is inserted into the document you won't always be able to
change the anchor as you try to do in the code above. For some reason it
works in your first example but as you can see it won't work in your
second example.

I did is as it was done in the Java code.

So remember to always change the anchor of the graphic before you insert
it otherwise you'll get more of these nice surprises. If I remember
correctly there are a few more settings that should be done to the
graphic object before it's inserted and some that needs to be set after,
but I don't remember the details at the moment.

I hope that these things are documented somewhere.

It seems that what is happening in the second case is that the image
gets inserted before the anchor-change and when the re-anchoring occurs
the image is already in the wrong position.

--
Piet van Oostrum <piet@vanoostrum.org>
WWW: http://pietvanoostrum.com/