Hi all

I would like to make the sidebar layout available through UNO api (targeting writer & calc for the moment)

the first steps i would like to achieve are

- get the sidebar object
  --> setVisible (true/false)
  --> get Deck ListNames
  --> set Active Deck by name
  --> get a Deck (byName or by Index)
     --> get its Panel ListNames
     --> get a panel by name or index
         --> colapse/expand the panel

I think i have all available in
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/sfx2/source/sidebar/

and some interresting methods in
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/sfx2/source/sidebar/ResourceManager.cxx

Do you think it is doable ?

My request is having some code pointers to help starting especially on getting the initial sidebar object from current component (frame)
Where should i look ?

I guess i'll have to write some dedicated uno glue code. where should i put it ? in sfx2/source/sidebar/ ?
Is there any existing code i could take as examples ?  (in impress) ?

I'm also looking to a (sort of) mentor i could ping occasionally on IRC

Well, you see, a lot of requets :)

But only for a starting point. then i'll try to achive my goal and propose some patch to be reviewed in a reasonable timeline

feel free to ask if something is not clear

thanks in advance

Laurent