Yvon Thoraval wrote:

    ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist

Nope, i don't have any ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist and even no ~/.MacOSX
I did carefully checked :

~/.bash_profile
~/.bashrc

~/.profile

~/.zprofile
~/.zshrc

and obviously the one i use actually :
~/.config/fish/config.fish

notice if i add a line like :
echo $PYTHONPATH at the first line of my ~/.config/fish/config.fish i get :
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages
when login

then "something else" set the PYTHONPATH variable...

Oh, it seems ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist is no longer used on Lion and higher (I am still on Snow
Leopard). And the preferred way is now launchctl. Try launchctl export to see what environment it
has, and if necessary do a launchctl unsetenv. But I don't think this will remove it permanently,
only for the current login session.

Also have a look into /etc/launchd.conf and ~/.launchd.conf because they can contain startup
information for launchd. Maybe even better do a grep PYTHONPATH /etc/*

With kind regards,
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet@vanoostrum.org>
WWW: http://pietvanoostrum.com/