Regina Henschel wrote:
The polygon in that file is not explicitly closed, but has only a
start point with identical coordinates as the end point. But in svg
it is not necessary to have a closed outline for to be filled, but
each open curve can be filled.

The current implementation is not able to have fillings of open
paths. Therefore the "Import > Image" algorithm goes the way to add
an additional drawing object with line "none", which is closed and
carriers the filling.

Sounds like a sensible workaround. I'd start looking into
svgreader.cxx:writePathShape() for a place to special-case that.

I think, that is not the correct place to fix it. If you are going
to force the case of "start coordinates equal end coordinates" to be
"closed", then this should be down when analyzing the svg on import,
when you have svg namespace. When you force _each_ such polygon to
be closed, then it will break existing documents.

Yep. That is sadly true.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten