On Mon, 2015-01-26 at 14:49 +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
What was the state of these builds again, they're implicitly
--disable-debug, --disable-assert-always-abort, and making them
--enable-debug would run out of resources?  Could they be made
--enable-assert-always-abort, in the hope that that would silence the
above false positive (or would that need some explicit coverity comment
annotation anyway)?

I'll add --enable-assert-always-abort for the next run to see what
happens.

Coverity allows us two slots every 7 days (next slot is Jan 29). Each
build+upload+analysis takes about a day. There is/was some (unknown)
timeout on the coverity side for the analysis, something like 12-16
hours and a few times in the past we've hit it, nearly always at
weekends. Quite possibly a bunch of projects have a "run coverity
automatically at the w/e process" making us vulnerable that the coverity
servers don't have enough capacity to complete our analysis before the
timeout if we submit at those times.

IIRC I hit the timeout with an --enable-dbgutil build every time I tried
it. But it might be that an --enable-debug would work ok (I'm not even
sure if there would be a difference to what coverity would scrape out of
our source between --enable-assert-always-abort and --enable-debug) and
I can experiment again but it's a bit like trying to steer a
supertanker.

C.