Le 19/12/14 16:02, Eike Rathke a écrit :
Hi Richard,

On Friday, 2014-12-19 14:18:36 +0100, Richard PALO wrote:

warn:vcl:101172:1:vcl/generic/fontmanager/fontconfig.cxx:868: In glyph fallback
throwing away the language property of en because the detected script for '0x9f
3' is Bengali and that language doesn't make sense. Autodetecting instead.

That warning is only indirectly related because something may trigger
initialization of liblangtag for an unknown locale value, I've seen it
without any crash. Adapted subject..

My locale is fr_FR.UTF-8 on SunOS 5.11 under pkgsrc.

it's coring with:
     sigmask = 0xffffbefc,0xffffffff,0x000001ff
     cursig = SIGSEGV

Coredump indicates:
08045fb8 libi18nlangtag.so`LiblantagDataRef::setup+0x4c(fe5b5bdc, fe5b5bdc,
fe5b5a1c, 804605c)
08046128 libi18nlangtag.so`LanguageTagImpl::canonicalize+0x784(e34a900, 0,
fe59b58b, fe5b28bc)

That is the actual top of the backtrace?
There isn't much in i18nlangtag/source/languagetag/languagetag.cxx
LiblantagDataRef::setup() that could go wrong. The only thing that comes
to mind is that LiblantagDataRef is a static instance initialized with

namespace {
struct theDataRef : public rtl::Static< LiblantagDataRef, theDataRef > {};
}

which for some reason may not work on SunOS / your compiler combination.
As probably no one is using that here, you'd have to break in
LanguageTagImpl::canonicalize() line 1204 where
theDataRef::get().incRef() is called (or in the
LiblantagDataRef::incRef() inline) and investigate what actually happens
the very first time when the incRef() calls setup()

Other than that maybe the lt_db_initialize() call misbehaves, but since
that is not in the backtrace..

However, only a step-through could provide insights.

  Eike

Okay, thanks.  I'm building now an upgrade to 4.3.5.2 and will attempt to see more in
the suggested areas. (I too noticed I'd be wasting my time in fontconfig, hence my post:)

For info, build is with gcc4.9.2 and the back trace comes from 'mdb' on the core file
with c++ demangling turned on.

cheers