On Sat, 2014-08-23 at 00:01 +0200, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
Regina Henschel wrote:
What is wrong with gradient fill and mso? Do you know an issue or do
you have test documents? I see no difference between AOO (without
the points) and LibreOffice (with this points).

This blog should give some more background info; no bugdocs at hand
currently, but shouldn't be hard to come by - the sticking point are
the subshapes, e.g. the eyes of the smiley:

 http://blog.thebehrens.net/2009/07/21/selected-interop-improvement-how-to-fill-ppt-autoshapes/

So I updated the bug with a patch that reverts the adding of the dummy
polygons, which fixes the extra dots issue. But I also added an
example .pptx with a smiley face example which will render a little
different in the eyes afterwards.

I rather prefer loosing the ideal msoffice-alike gradient vs these odd
extra dots though.

C.